1. The material and information contained in our British Baseball Federation (BBF) Handbook 2018, social media (e.g., Twitter , Facebook, YouTube) other publications, emails and our website are for general information purposes only. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, the BBF makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, services or related graphics contained in the handbook or our website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk. BBF will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented in the handbook, social media, emails, publications, notices or on our website.
2. Although every effort is made to keep our website up and running smoothly, the BBF takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues (or otherwise) beyond its control or for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of or access to, or inability to use or access our website whatsoever.
3. Certain links in our handbook and on our website, will lead to websites which are not under the control of BBF. When you activate these, you will leave the BBF website. BBF has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any website which is not under the control of BBF.
4. To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall BBF be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use, our site or any of the material contained in our handbook.
5. The BBF will not tolerate defamatory or libellous material, obscene content and abusive or intimidating comments. The BBF monitors comments on our website and social media and may remove any material and user from the website or social media forums under its control at its sole discretion, without warning and without prejudice to any other accrued rights.
6. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
7. Liability is not limited by the above disclaimers in relation to death or personal injury arising from negligence on the part of BBF.
8. Whilst precautions are taken to detect computer viruses and ensure security, BBF cannot guarantee that its website is virus-free and secure. BBF shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may occur as a result of any virus or breach of security.
9. Whilst making every attempt to secure personal data, BBF cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond the control of the BBF.
10. Playing baseball may cause injury. By playing baseball you understand the risks and guarantee not to hold the BBF, its board members, club members, participants, officials, and/or volunteers liable for any injury.
12. If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com.
13. We reserve the right to receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
14. When you conduct a users request for membership purposes or to get subscribe to our BBF info updates on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, mobile and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
15. We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate our services, club/player registration to our leagues, scores, and statistics;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we use to service our members.
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
16. We may contact you to notify you regarding your membership, to troubleshoot problems with your membership, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our Federation or sport, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our members agreement, applicable laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
17. If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us by e-mail to:
18. When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
19. By taking part in any of our and/or club events you agree to allow us to photography you and make use of your image(s) for this website communication, publication or marketing purposes.